Outreach to Mabul Island (S4) (26th August 2010 : 1st Day)

My Thursday morning was filled with preparations for Mabul 4. Since I was the only participant who did not have class on that day, I had been assigned together with Kak Mar to settle the final preparations – labeling, weighing and packaging the generator, wrapping the signage, borrowing the audio visual equipments from Censerve, and reconfirming for transportation to LCC Terminal. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not complaining; in fact, I was really glad to give my early commitment as this was my good opportunity to get along with other participants especially Rahman and Kak Jijah whom I did not really know before. Alhamdullilah, we managed to get the entire job done before 3pm, with the aid from all parties involved.

We headed off to LCCT around 3.30pm after loading the boxes, bags and equipments to the bus, some photo taking, and brief speeches from Madam Nelli and Dr Dolhadi. I was a bit exited to go back to my hometown and eager to visit to Mabul Island where I’ve never been before. Everything was flowing according to the plan at LCCT and all praises to Allah SWT; there was no excess luggage and no delay on our flight. We departed at 6.25pm and arrived safely in Tawau. Soon after, I quickly dealt for taxi for the officer’s transportation to Kak Jijah’s house. The taxi driver, Bro Don also agreed to take Dr Dol and Abang Jali from Kak Jijah’s house to Tawau Airport at the 5 o’clock in the morning.

Our arrival in Taman Jen Loong 1, Kak Jijah’s house, was taken care of very nicely by her family. Kak Ramlah’s parents were also there. We were treated with delicious dinner – Tawau’s cooking, a taste where we won’t acquire in UIA. I had to disappoint my family by not coming home that day despite my house is just less than a kilometer away. I explained that we were still attached to the tentative and we had to follow the plan. I’m sure they understood the situation. Then, after some self-preparation, we ended the night by having some rest.

*this is the end for the first day. we will post the story of the second day of the programme 0n 19th October 2010, 8 am. Wait!! more interesting story to be told =)

No comments:

Post a Comment